BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A little something for me while I was in the hospital

I promise, if you don’t know already, the best thing for a recovering person from brain surgery is lots and lots of sleep. That is all I would do the first months after my operation. Sometimes it got really annoying how much I needed to sleep. While I was in the hospital my days would consist of sleep, eating, therapy, and going to bathroom. My life was way boring. So, the highlight of my day would be when I had visitors but sometimes the desire to sleep would come over me and as much as I would try to fight it, it would usually win. One day, while being in the hospital, I was asleep and my older sister Marie and her husband Dane said they had a surprise for me. Since I wanted to keep sleeping I told them I didn’t care and they were like, ‘k, whatever.” Suddenly I heard a voice talking to me on the computer and was suddenly awake and pulled the laptop over to me to see what it was. My little sister Rachel had wrote the singer Kerli and told her my situation. Rachel knew I liked Kerli’s music because while having her own style, her lyrics are really positive.
I went to Kerli's concert a little under a year and half ago and met her. It was a halloween party so we got to dress up for it. Here is the picture we took

Kerli made a video for me while being in the hospital; it was really nice of her, so here it is below:

5 comments:

Brenda Jamsion said...

Wow Heidi...I didn't hear about this. That is really cool that Rachel would do that for you! You do have some amazing sisters!!


I think that there were a LOT of things that went on while you were sleeping. There were people that came and see you that I am sure you don't even remember!

We could make up LOTS of things that happened while you were sleeping....but we won't!

I hear that your therapy is going well! Keep up the good work!

kelsie rae. said...

heidi...I LOVE THIS! i watched it and showed janna, sydney, and whitney mattingly because we were chatting in the mc today. they all loved it too. i might just watch it three more times! p.s. have you gotten all my emails?

Roxane said...

Yea Heidi! This video was one of my favorite things to see while you were in the early stages of recovery. I was so impressed that Kerli would do this for you. You may not remember but we watched it over and over again at your house. Thanks for posting it. I love your blog!!!!!!

AnickH said...

I remember when rachel showed me this i was like "what the..?" Shes so good, and i cant beleive she actually said your name. thats so cool.

Natalie Channell said...

I just figured out that I don't need an account to post a response so now I can comment on your blog!! haha yes!! k but so ummm this is completely insane! I seriously stared in amazement the entire time I watched it. You had the lyrics from this song on your facebook right after your accident... I remember reading it a million times, especially those first few days/weeks and being comforted by her positive words. If she ever does come close to here I hope you invite me to go with you haha:) oh and ps... I was looking at your other pictures and I wish you would have called me when you went to watch rach cheer! I would have came with you but its okay because I am planning on coming down to orem on thursday... a week from today and so if you arent busy we should do something fun! oh and one more thing, sorry this is so long I promise I'm not a stalker or anything but I saw a picture of you on facebook... I think it was from kelseys weeding or somethign? maybe it was on rachels page? I dont remember but you looked way pretty and I was sitting next to this girl from school and she started telling me about how she wants her hair to look like yours! you have always been the prettiest:) k so sorry that this is so long and random! i love you the most! miss you!