BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

To the University of Utah

On Saturday afternoon the nurses at the Health South Rehabilitation Hospital noticed the incision from Heidi's surgery had become infected, they started her on an antibiotic, which didn't give the desire results so Heidi was sent to the University of Utah hospital.

She had to undergo a minor surgery in which the neurosurgeon opened up the incision again and had to clean out the area. He pulled out the cap that was put in place during the original surgery in Idaho, he said that it had become infected.

The good news is that the infection was only on the surface, and that they didn't think any had gotten inside to the brain. But, just to be on the safe side they made some cultures from some brain fluid and are going to test them for any bacteria. In the even that there is any bacterial infection inside the skull, the University of Utah will derive an antibiotic specifically to treat that infection.

Isn't it a miracle what doctors can do with modern medicine!!

We are so grateful that this is only a minor issue, and that Heidi will continue to recover. Heidi's family was able to go and visit her about an hour after the surgery, she was doing so well, her only complaint was that she was really hungry (they didn't let her eat for 24 hrs) and that she had a really bad headache from the surgery. Other than that she was doing good, talking quite a bit and very aware of what was going on around her.

We want to thank everyone that is praying for Heidi, and for all the comments and support that we are getting. We really appreciate everything that everyone is doing for the Stay family during this trial.

1 comments:

Daniel Carter said...

Hi there, my name is Daniel Carter and I was actually in Heidi's dance class and was there when it all happened. for the last long while I have wondered what has been happening to Heidi and haven't had any way of knowing, so i finally went to her roommates and they gave me this blog site so that I could see how she is doing. I don't know if she would remember me, but please let her know that I remember her, and that I pray for her often, and that if there is anything that I can do for her to please let me know. If she remembers me, or if you think it would help, I would love to visit her and talk with her, my home is in Utah, so when I visit I can visit her and help out with whatever you would all need. So let her know she is loved and that there are still those up here that are praying for her and are adding their faith to her healing process. Thanks so much, my email is dhyrumc@gmail.com. Thanks again