BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Comparison: Hand-writing



I am right handed, have always been. When my right side was messed up, it was really hard to adjust. I don’t remember the first time I tried writing but what it looked like, it was horrible. The first picture displayed is a picture of one of the first times I wrote. My hand writing was a mess right after my accident, just scribbles on the paper. Having ataxia, I could not control the pen. During the first month, I had tubes down my throat making it so I could not communicate. Since I could not talk, I tried to write but no one could decipher what the scribbles on the paper said. When I realized no one could figure out what I was saying on the paper, I remembered I had learned the alphabet in sign-language when I was in second grade. I started spelling out each word with sign-language to communicate. My family printed off the alphabet from the internet to find out what I was trying to say. The second picture is what my hand-writing looked like about a month after the injury. A little better but still a mess, at least you can tell what I’m writing on the paper. Third picture is of my hand-writing on August 29 of last year. Last picture is what my hand-writing looks like right now. Much more controlled but still needs work and it still takes me sometime to write anything.

2 comments:

Trevor & Kirsten said...

Heidi you are doing amazing. Keep up the great work. I remember your first writing skills.

kelsie rae. said...

your handwriting is getting so good! i love you heidi jane! these comparisons you are doing are fun to see! keep on posting!