BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Visit to Idaho

This last weekend we went to Idaho to visit some of those people that were a great help and showed their support while I was in the Hospital. Along with me were my mom, dad, and my younger sister Rachel. Friday we went to see the neurosurgeon that operated on my head and had removed the AVM. He wanted to see what I was capable of doing so he did some little movement tests and asked what I am doing right now. He was very pleased with the progress I had made. He told me just continue what I’m doing and then continue to get better. After that visit we went to have lunch at the Jamison’s, my relatives. Brenda Jamison, the mother of the family, would be like my mom when I was in the Hospital. She would take care of me so my mom could leave the Hospital a few hours a day. Then we hurried over to meet with President Clark, the president of BYU-Idaho. We talked with him, his wife, his secretary, and President Eyring ( the Apostles, Henry Eyring’s son. He is Stake president of some of the BYU-I wards). We talked for about a half-hour. Then the next day, Saturday, we went to lunch with my good friend, Kelsie and her husband, Nate at Bajio’s. For dinner we went over to Bishop Sevy’s house, the bishop of the singles ward that I was in at the time of my accident. For those who have no idea what a bishop is I’ll try to explain. A bishop acts like a father of a group of people haha sorry, I hope that helps. His sweet wife, Sister Sevy who also came to the hospital a lot to be with me while my mom left for a few hours a day, she had made a wonderful dinner for us. Later that night, the councilors in the bishopric of Bishop Sevy’s ward came over for a visit. The very next day, Sunday, my family and I went to the singles ward I use to be in, it made me miss it a lot. I told the ward a little about what happened and what was going on. After that we met with President Eyring again and had him give me a priesthood blessing. After all that, we headed home. It was a pretty hectic weekend but was really good.

The Neurosurgeon that operated on my head, Dr. Greenwald

Bishop and Sister Sevy

My family and I at lunch with Kelsie and Nate

5 comments:

Cassandra Laine said...

You look SO BEAUTIFUL HEIDI!!! You are a miracle woman!!! You've come so far everyone that knows you is so proud of you and is rooting for you! I know I am ;) xoxox

3+Love~aki=Us said...

Oh Heidi!! You look GORGEOUS!!! I'm 100% with Cassie, you've made it through and what a blessing you are in the lives of so many! Looks like it was a nice visit!

Natalie Channell said...

heidi baby you look so pretty!!
hanging out with you last week made me miss you so much! i wish i lived closer but i have spring break in two weeks so i'm going to come down and we need to have some adventures. maybe go on a walk since its so warm outside or we could have a picnic or just something fun haha well i wish you had a facebook because then i could leave you messages everyday and bother you tons but i love when you update your blog! so keep doing it. and i miss you and hope everything is going well. ps you are so strong and you are such an inspiration for me in my life because i know that everything i go through is easy compared to what you have to deal with everyday!! i look up to you and i love you so much.

-nat

Anonymous said...

Heidi!!!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun in Idaho without me. :( :)... Anyways I bet everyone was stunned to see your improvements, Such good people you got to see. keep up the good work sista!

Anonymous said...

this is aub by the way up above....ha ha