BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thoughts and some pics

This whole experience has been like a rollercoaster ride for me, going through up’s and down’s almost daily. I ask myself, kind of a lot, why I have to go through something that most people will never go through in there lifetime. I come up with many different reasons, and hopefully someday this whole experience will make complete sense to me. I try to stay positive to help me get through each day, which can be sometimes hard and for right now, I just try to get through this time in my life, one day at a time, and I can’t wait for the day when this is all over. Be thankful ALWAYS for what you can do right now because if you’re not careful, it could be gone in seconds, which is what I have to remind myself almost daily when I get frustrated about not being able to do something I use to be able to do before. When I first realized I was in the hospital I could not even fathom the idea that someday I would be the same person again. I can confirm the truth in this scripture from the Doctrine & Covenants because all my improvements have been so small that it’s hard for me a lot of the time to see the small improvements that I’m making daily. D&C64:33 “Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.”
I don’t think these pictures I’ve posted have been posted before so hopefully they are new to the viewer. My Uncle took these pictures, it’s me I think the day after my surgery and I look pretty horrible right there.

1 comments:

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Heidi you are so strong and such an inspiration!!! It is SO good to see that you are making such good progress. It's been too long since we last talked but you have been in our prayers! You are so beautiful!